"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, October 13, 2008

Silly Similarity


Okay, Pastor Brad, if you ever read this, please know that I mean this in the most tender and harmless way. But when I think of you, this is the first thing that comes to mind...



That's right, it's Crush from Finding Nemo.

For those of you who have seen this movie, you know of Crush's laid back, positive vibe. You know of his generosity and sweet nature all topped with that totally awesome surfer speak that is so native to Southern California. Believe me I know, I spent much of my life on the Space Coast in Central Florida and most of the surfers there do NOT talk like that.

Well, that's Pastor Brad. He's super laid back, completely down-to-earth and an incredibly generous person. He teaches with enthusiasm and passion and it's all with a slight hint of a So Cal surfer accent. And this makes sense because he is in fact, a surfer from So Cal.

Whenever I've tried to describe him to my family and friends, all I know to say to get them to really understand what he's like is this, "Do you remember that sea turtle from Finding Nemo? He's kind of like that."

And here's the hilarious part...last Sunday at church, he actually used a clip from Finding Nemo staring you guessed it...Crush.

http://faithinparadise.org/

1 comments on "Silly Similarity"

Liz Harrell on October 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM said...

That's too funny, and I think a compliment! :)

I used to describe my Spanish teacher in college by asking, "Do you know Niles from Frasier." The similarities were so bizarre.