"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh Bother



I know I must be breaking some kind of sacred Halloween rule to expose Éva's costume so early, but I just had to put this picture up. Her face is just classic, and oh yes...there is a story behind it.

Anyone who knows Éva knows her love for all things Pooh. Of course, her favorite Pooh character is Lumpy but she loves them all. I searched high and low for a Lumpy costume in her size but the closest I came was a size 24 months that would have to be shipped from Puerto Rico. So, Paul and I figured the next best thing would be the soft Pooh costume (with his Super Sleuth uniform from the show "My Friends Tigger and Pooh) we saw at the Disney Store not too long ago.

When we had originally seen it there, Éva instantly loved it. She got so excited and immediately started spouting the Super Sleuth Anthem, "Anytime, anyplace, the Super Sleuths are on the Case!" But we didn't purchase it because at the time, I really thought I would be able to find a Lumpy costume.

So when we went back this past weekend to pick it up, Éva of course fell in love all over again. I couldn't wait to get it home and try it on her.

Well, my goodness, you would've thought that I had asked the kid to poor hot lava all over her the way she acted when I attempted to put the costume on her. She wouldn't have it. But I had to make sure it fit. So, I held her tight and forced the costume on her little body one kicking leg at a time. And she was MAD, I tell you.

When it was finally on, I stood back to admire her. It was so cute, even with the runny nose and puffy red eyes. Éva finally calmed a bit but was still somewhat pouty (thus the face in the picture), so we decided to leave it on her for a while so she could get used to it. It took a while, but eventually, she decided she liked the Pooh costume and I don't think we'll have any problems donning it again on the 31st.

But don't hold me to that...

3 comments on "Oh Bother"

David Reed on October 7, 2008 at 8:25 PM said...

We had that same issue with Liam and his first costume...now he likes to have his old costumes in his room so he can wear them while he plays.

Tales from Goshen on October 8, 2008 at 8:46 PM said...

Very cute. I have yet to purchase Brooklyn's. I have a few in mind...

Liz Harrell on October 10, 2008 at 9:16 AM said...

That is one cute costume!