"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Want a Puppy!




A Goldendoodle puppy to be exact!

Aren't they just adorable? And look how perfectly scruffy they are when they grow up! Be still my heart.

I had a puppy once. A Golden Retriever. I just LOVE them. I loved her too. Her name was Kala. She was my baby...until I actually had a baby and then I realized how horribly I had allowed her to dominate me. She was pack-leader, not me. That became an issue when Eva arrived. Cesar Milan would be so disappointed in me. I worked and worked with her, trying desperately to get our relationship in order, but my brand new baby took priority (and rightly so) and when we noticed Kala being too aggressive with her, we had to sell her (Kala, I mean, not the baby). I was so sad to watch her go. I just loved her.

But now, I have two babies that are growing up way too fast and both genuinely LOVE dogs. Last night, we played with our neighbors Cockapoo, Butter (he's a lovely apricot color, and I guess they thought he looked like the color of butter) and Izzy allowed that dog to jump on her and lick all over her face without so much as a whimper. In fact, she was giggling! Calm down, I didn't allow the dog to keep jumping and licking, but it was refreshing to me to see that Izzy wasn't the slightest bit intimidated by the hyper puppy.

So, I've decided. I want a puppy. I want to do it right this time. I want a Goldendoodle. Why? Well, because I still LOVE Golden Retrievers, but I don't love the way they shed, and the Goldendoodle is supposed to be low-no shed! If there ever was a perfect dog, I think the Goldendoodle may be it!


Okay guys, so pray for me. I have to convince my husband now. He's not as enthused as I am about the whole "getting a puppy" thing. And even if we decided that now is not the time for this perfect pooch, at least I've stated, for the record, that I want a puppy.

4 comments on "I Want a Puppy!"

Erin {House of Turquoise} on October 7, 2009 at 11:37 AM said...

This has to be the cutest kind of dog I've ever seen. I just adore the scruffy-factor! I will be praying for you and your puppy-to-be!

emily said...

Oh man you are brave! I say one non-potty trained being at a time! But that is an awfully cute doggie.

Melissa W. on October 7, 2009 at 2:49 PM said...

I have a labradoodle named Cuddles. My first post on my blog is a couple of pics of her. You won't regret getting one of these cuties. They're sweet and they don't really shed. There are different sizes depending on the size of poodle that is used to breed. Ours is 65 lbs, but we actually saw one that looked like it was 120 lbs. So, make sure you u do your research. Post cute pics of goldendoodles all over your house, i'm sure your hubby will give in ;) Goodluck!

melissa
livingwithhue.blogspot.com

David Reed on October 8, 2009 at 6:38 AM said...

Anne - You may have lost your mind.

Paul - Stay strong Brother!