"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, October 15, 2009

My First!



I got a blog award! Mandy over at The Trenches of Motherhood awarded me this blog award!

Thanks so much Mandy! Your blog has been such an encouragement to me on days when I needed to be uplifted and it's given me a chuckle on the days I needed to laugh!

So, now the responsibilities of this award (I know, right! Responsibilities!I feel so much like Miss America accepting her tiara and beginning her year long reign...only my responsibilities have nothing to do with feeding orphans in Zimbabwe or speaking on behalf of the American Cancer Association, but still...just let me have my moment!):
I have to answer the following questions and then pass this award on to 6 other deserving blogs. So, here I go...

Where is your cell phone? plugged in on the end table
Your hair? up and unwashed
Your mother? on her way here...YAY!
Your father? Leaving for Iraq...for a year!
Your favorite food? Pizza...I know, how high school is that? But it's true.
Your dream last night? I dreamed about being at a high school basketball game...I used to play basketball...you can stop laughing now.
Your favorite drink? coffee...a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks to be exact
Your dream/goal? to be a good mom...whatever that means.
What room are you in? my living room/computer room/playroom
Your hobby? baking, blogging, painting, singing, reading, movies, etc, etc
Your Fear? someone breaking into my house
Where do you want to be in 6 years? in a home that I own
Where were you last night? home with a migraine...it was yuck!
Something that you aren’t? skinny...or hungry for that matter.
Muffins? Otis's Cheese Struesel muffins!
Wish list item? everything in the Pottery Barn catalog (including the actual house)...and a puppy
Where did you grow up? Arkansas, Hawaii, Florida, Georgia, California, Texas and now Maryland
Last thing you did? fix lunch for my girls
What are you wearing? yoga pants and my favorite sweatshirt
Your TV? Martha Stewart...love everything she does...except for whole tax fraud thing.
Your pets? I'm working on it
Friends? I have a few very close friends, that are too far away :(
Your life? Abundant ;) hehe...ya like that?!?
Your mood? antsy. there are no vacuum tracks in my carpet.
Missing someone? always...today, it's Ashley. Fall weather always makes me miss her.
Vehicle? Honda Oddyssey
Your favorite store? The Christmas Attic in Old Town Alexandria...just found it last weekend and it's so cute it makes me want to cry.
Your favorite color? aqua...surprise, surprise
When was the last time you laughed? this morning...Eva is insisting that we call Izzy "alligator?"
Last time you cried? Tuesday...the Biggest Loser was on
Your best friend? My husband.
One place that I go to over and over? lately? Ikea.com
Favorite place to eat? anywhere that has pizza.


Okay, and now to pass on the award. I nominate:

1. Lisa over at Little Loveables
2. Ashley over at Tales From Goshen
3. Erin over at House of Turquiose
4. Janelle over at Three Men and Their Ladies
5. Katie over at Advice From a Caterpillar
6. Edie over at Life In Grace

So ladies, come collect your awards and do as I have done. Answer your questions and pass it on!

2 comments on "My First!"

Little Lovables on October 15, 2009 at 9:42 AM said...

thanks so much for the award :)

Erin {House of Turquoise} on October 15, 2009 at 9:58 AM said...

Wow, Anne, thank you so much for passing this award on to me! I'm honored! I have to check the other blogs on the other list!

Your answers were really fun to read. I always love goofy stuff like this. Pizza is my favorite food too...so sad I always thought (but mmm, oh-so-good!)