"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, December 21, 2009

As Requested


Okay, so a dear reader of my blog (and the mother of a treasured friend) requested that I share the recipe with you for Blackberry Dump Cake.

I am a firm believer that a recipe is meant for sharing! I don't believe in "secret recipes." I think that's silly. However, I do respect that other people do and so, I wouldn't share someone else's recipe without asking first.

However, Blackberry Dump Cake is no secret. It's the easiest thing to make...ever. In fact, most people make it with cherry pie filling and a can of pineapple chunks. SO easy.

Ingredients:

2 cans of blackberries in light syrup
OR
2 containers of fresh blackberries ***I mixed...I used a can of blackberries and drained out half of the syrup and then I also mashed a container of fresh blackberries with a fork and added that to the mix****
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 1/2 sticks of butter, room temperature

Dump the blackberries into a baking dish. In a separate bowl, combine the cake mix and butter. I just used my hands for this part. You should end up with little crumblies. Just sprinkle the crumble over the the blackberries in the baking dish and bake at 350 for an hour.

Viola! Dump Cake. And you can do this with any kind of fruit you dare to try!

2 comments on "As Requested"

Christy on December 21, 2009 at 7:29 AM said...

Yum! Thanks for the recipe. That does sound incredibly easy.

armymomoftwo2004 on December 22, 2009 at 12:42 PM said...

Thanks, Ann. I love Blackberries, so I am looking forward to making this recipe. Maybe I will make it for MY SON, KATIE'S Husband. Lol