"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Baking for the Neighbors


As you know, I am a military wife. My husband is in the Air Force. He is enlisted. And just in case you don't know, enlisted = not a lot of extra money.

DSC_0024

That being said, Christmas is a time where my budgeting skills prove to be more than just handy, but a necessity. I budget down to the cent. I have to. It's what works.

DSC_0028

I'm also a "gift-giver" by nature. I LOVE to give a gift. It makes me happy. But, I am the wife of an enlisted military member and therefore, my gift giving must be shelved most of the time.

Lava Flow Cupcake

SO this year, I thought of a way I could give something to my friends and neighbors without having to dip into the funds that have already been allotted elsewhere. Cupcakes.

DSC_0026

I made Pina Colada cupcakes and Lava Flow cupcakes. They turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself, and my neighbors really seemed to enjoy them.

Pina Colada and Lava Flow Cupcakes

5 comments on "Baking for the Neighbors"

Katie on December 15, 2009 at 6:55 AM said...

YUM!

Erin {House of Turquoise} on December 15, 2009 at 8:32 AM said...

Mmmmmm Pina Colada + cupcakes = match made in heaven!

Fresh Batch Jams on December 15, 2009 at 5:57 PM said...

Wish I was a neighbor! They are so lucky :0) Homemade is the best kind. No matter what anyone says!

Emily said...

Im sure they loved them! Those are some delicious cupcakes! Im saving up now so we can have them at Matthews birthday party in March :)

Christy on December 19, 2009 at 4:35 PM said...

Hi! I just found your blog :) Love the cupcakes!