"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, December 17, 2009

Still Sick


I'm going on 3 full weeks of being sick. I don't know what the heck is going on in this house...but I wouldn't "drop by" anytime soon, if I were you. You might walk into a total snot fest, 3 Cortez girls on the couch staring blankly at the television, watching Olivia over and over and over again, laundry all over my couch, a kitchen floor that desperately needs sweeping/mopping and well....that's just the downstairs.

Don't expect that I would even get up to greet you. I would most likely yell, "Who is it?!?" from my stationary position on the couch, my voice cracking as I tried to force out the question having only been able to breathe through my mouth for the last 4 days.

My lips are chapped, my nose is red and dry and cracked, my hair has been up in the same ponytail/bun on top of my head for 3 days and I smell like cough syrup. It ain't perty.

All that to tell you...I have no interesting blog post today. I got exactly 4.2 hours of sleep last night and only 5 hours the night before so...I urge you to go elsewhere for witty banter of holiday shopping and Christmas inches around the middle. Here, I'll give you a few suggestions...

Erin over at House of Turquoise...her pictures make my heart happy
Whitney over at Glam Life Housewife...she has the sweetest little baby and his smile will melt you from the inside out
Edie over at Life In Grace...she's a spiritually intuitive homeschool mom who has a knack for helping you focus on what's really important as well as fun and eclectic decor
The Pioneer Woman...because...well...she just plain rocks!

Now, go forth and be well...

Happy reading!

2 comments on "Still Sick"

Katie on December 17, 2009 at 7:57 AM said...

If I were closer, I'd bring you some extra tissue, lysol and hand sanitizer. Then drop it off about 50ft from your house, because I'm not getting near that. Love you though! I hope you feel better soon!

Erin {House of Turquoise} on December 17, 2009 at 8:41 AM said...

Wow you really didn't paint a pretty picture (but you did make me laugh!) I hope you all start to fell better soon!!

Thanks for the link love!!! :)