"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Settling In


So, now it's March. We've been in our new house for nearly 3 weeks and we're loving it. No, I haven't taken many pictures of the house, but that's because we're still setting up and it's not quite ready for it's close up.

The house is not too big and not too small. It's perfect for our little family. It's cozy and bright. We have nice neighbors and we live in a cute neighborhood. We're only 20 minutes from the lights of Baltimore and a short drive to the open fields of the country. I'm a happy girl.

The other thing I love about this house...Paul has given me complete creative freedom. Yep, I get to do whatever I want!!! I've started with the kitchen. Keep in mind that I'm not at all done with the kitchen, but I'll give you a few teaser photos.

Oh yeah...do you see that color on the walls? It's aqua. My all time favorite color. The inspiration for this kitchen was the vintage aqua canisters I ordered off of Ebay before we left Hawaii. Since, I have found an aqua collender, recipe box, kitchen towels, timer, pizza cutter and I found a vintage aqua Pyrex bowl at an antique mall this past weekend. I have yet to find the perfect curtains and tablecloth, but I'm looking. I love my little kitchen. If I really had the gusto, I'd paint the cabinets white, but those would be a beast to repaint when it was time to move. This is military housing after all, so there's only so much I can do.

As we do more to personalize our home, I'll put up more pics. But I really love this little house and I know it will bring us good times and sweet memories over the next few years.

2 comments on "Settling In"

Unknown on March 4, 2009 at 9:43 AM said...

Actually, those 50's style wooden cabinets look good with your wall color choice. It's all very 'era appropriate.' :)

Kudos to Paul! I just adore men who let us decorate. :)

Tales from Goshen on March 6, 2009 at 3:32 PM said...

Aqua is always a good starting point.
Glad to have you back, sister.