"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Friday, April 10, 2009

After a Good Nap


My girl's always seem to be their happiest first thing in the morning, and right after their afternoon naps. This is usually when I pull out the camera. Many an afternoon is spent in the floor on my belly trying to get creative shots of my girls doing whatever it is that they are doing at the moment. Some days, this goes well and I wind up with loads of good shots to choose from. Other days...not-so0-much. And today wasn't as productive as I'd hoped, but I did manage to get a few nice pictures.

Izzy is an easy one to get good pictures of as she is still not entirely mobile. She is crawling...technically, but it's backwards and it's slow. She can go forward but she does it in such a way that it resembles a one-legged chimpanzee. I don't even know how to explain this...I'll do my best to catch it on video in the next few days.



Eva is a bit trickier, on the other hand. She LOVES to actually see the pictures I've taken in the screen on the camera. Try as I may, I cannot seem to get her to understand that she cannot be in the picture and look at the picture all at the same time. Trying to get a good shot of her usually consists of me pleading with her to be still, back-up, get your hands out of your mouth, or "yes, you can see the picture IF you actually let me take a picture!"

But every now and then, I get a good one...


And this one. I didn't even try to edit this one. No black and white or sepia tones needed. Just a sweet, lovely, perfect face.


1 comments on "After a Good Nap"

Tales from Goshen on April 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM said...

Eva is like Brooklyn - they'll be wielding their own cameras with finesse long before I ever knew what a camera was!