"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, April 23, 2009

Heart for Missions


I don't know what it is, but in recent months, I've not been able to stop thinking about the short missions trip I went on to Peru when I was 16. Ever since returning from that life-changing trip, I've had the desire to go back and I've never felt the desire more than now. Which is odd and a bit frustrating because this is the worst possible time for me to do something like that. With two small children at home, I feel it would be almost irresponsible to up and go, even if it was as short as 2 weeks.

So, for now, I'm taking it as a calling that I'm meant to answer in a different season of my life. A season when my girls are older and my finances would support such an endeavor.

But I hope until I get to that point, you'll join me in praying for Scripture Union in Peru and the amazing ministry they have there to the young street boys of that country. There is a big part of my heart that has stayed there in their small hands since I first held them 10 years ago.

0 comments on "Heart for Missions"