"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Story of Us


I hope I'm not ruining this movie for those of you who haven't seen it, but it's just amazing and Paul and I watched it last night.

This is my favorite clip from the movie. Katie and Ben have just picked up their kids from camp and have formed a plan to tell the kids that they've decided to get a divorce. They agree NOT to go to the kids favorite restaurant, Chow Funs as it is too loud to talk in there and plan to take the kids home to hit them with the news. Just as they've loaded up the kids and are about to hit the road, Katie has this to say...



It's okay if you're crying a little bit. I am too.

3 comments on "The Story of Us"

emily said...

This is one of my FAVORITE movies! Its so underrated though and half the time I forget that I love it. Thanks Anne :)

Heather @ Simple Wives on April 9, 2009 at 1:01 PM said...

Thanks for the comment! :) I don't live too far from Little Rock. My fiance works there. It is a fun place and has so much to offer!

Tales from Goshen on April 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM said...

What a great flashback. I haven't seen that movie in ages, but I loved it. And it broke my heart at the same time. You know what I remember most? How they used to touch feet at night under the covers right before they fell asleep - even if they were mad at each other. They knew they were ok cause they would touch feet. And then that night they fight and don't touch feet - it killed me! There are times even now, YEARS after I first watched that movie, that I reach over and touch Kyle's foot with mine and think of that as an expression of I love you.