"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Crazy Fun Weekend


Okay so this weekend was jam-packed with family, fun and food! Just the way I like it. My mom and little sister flew in on Thursday night and I was so glad to see them. I hadn't seen my mom since March and my little sister since April...of LAST year!

Friday was spent preparing for our "small" family birthday party for the girls on Saturday and Saturday our small party got real big real fast! I had over 30 people all packed in to my 1500 square foot home. My brother and his family drove up as well as most of our family on Paul's side from Virginia, and then we had our neighbors and friends come too. Needless to say, it was loud and active.

So, we quickly fed the kids a finger food meal of pigs-in-a-blanket, pb &j's and fresh fruit and sent them outside in their bathing suits to play on the slip-n-slide and the in the kiddie pool that were set up in the front yard.

Once the slight hue of pink began showing up on their skin and the beginnings of a few meltdowns started to rear their ugly heads, we wrapped everyone in a towel and brought them back in for presents and cupcakes.

Poor Izzy was exhausted by then so poor thing missed the cupcakes and presents, but rest assured that we set all of presents aside so that she was able to open them when she woke up from her impromptu nap.

And those girls made out like bandits! They got so much stuff. And not just the stuff that every mother looks at and says, "what the heck are we supposed to do with that?" NO, they got GOOD stuff! I mean, it looks like the entire Princess section of the Disney store threw up in my house, but I have two very happy girls!

The party was short but perfect and BONUS...Justin, Anna and the kids stuck around through dinner and we got the cutest shots of Eva and Izzy and their cousins in the backyard just before it started to rain!

Sunday, we headed down to Georgetown (sans Jessica as she had gone home with Justin and Anna). I knew my mom would love all of the old houses and the blooming hydrangea and the overall atmosphere of Georgetown! I was right. She had a blast and I'm so happy. We, of course grabbed a few cupcakes from our favorite place in Georgetown and we even got to go in a 1300 sq ft home that was built in 1908 that was on the market for...wait for it...$895,000! Location, location, location! Still, it was a beautiful little home and my mom and I both had such an adventure exploring every nook and cranny of the tiny home and it's adorable garden in the back!

We came home Sunday night and headed over to the RV park to have dinner with Masie and Yosie. A quick walk around the lake to feed the ducks and the events of the weekend began to catch up with us, so we headed home. We were exhausted!

Yesterday was spent watching my mom pack and get ready to leave. It made me sad. We had so much fun this weekend but I wish she could've stayed a bit longer. Hopefully, she'll be able to come back soon.

Anyway, it was a very full weekend but a great one! I now officially have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and I own more Disney Princess stuff than any one household should. But the excitement is dying down and we're all pretty ready to get back to our routine, I think.

Well, at least I know I am.

1 comments on "Crazy Fun Weekend"

Katie on July 28, 2009 at 8:10 PM said...

We love you guys!