"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun with Fondant


Eva received an early birthday present this weekend from her Uncle Mitch and Aunt Kim. Knowing how much Eva enjoys helping me bake, they found a kids size Kenmore bake set that is just adorable! This morning, when Eva woke up and walked into the kitchen, she immediately spied her un-opened bake set and asked if she could play with it. I obliged but soon realized that I certainly had no plans to bake today as it's not the best thing to do when dieting. I began trying to think of something she could play with using her bake set and my mind went to play dough. I ran into the laundry room and looked on the top shelf where we keep the art supplies only to find that we were fresh out of play dough. Hmmm...

I walked over the pantry and gave it a quick once over when my eyes found the fondant that I colored last week wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and sealed in tupperwear. That could work. And it did!

Eva had so much fun rolling out the red fondant and using her star shaped cookie cutter to make perfect little red stars. She stood on her stool at the breakast bar for a good hour rolling it between her hands to form a ball and than squishing it down onto the counter and rolling it out flat with her little rolling pin. She used her wisk to wisk whatever it was that she was pretending was in her mini stainless steel mixing bowl and even pretended to chop things on her cutting board with the edge of her tiny spatula. It was adorable.


While Eva worked on her fondant creations, I took the time to sketch out some ideas for some new cupcake flavors and decorations for some festivals and fairs coming up in August. I have 8 flavors in the works. I'm really excited to start experimenting and perfecting these potential recipes!

3 comments on "Fun with Fondant"

Jacquie on July 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM said...

What a great idea! I bet the fondant wasn't as messy as play dough either.

I've been craving your cupcakes lately (that sounds kinda wrong, lol). Now I really want to try all the pictures you drew.

Fresh Batch Jams on July 16, 2009 at 8:46 AM said...

Yeah - so happy she is enjoying it! I thought is was perfect when I saw it. What little girl does not want to be just like her Mommy?
--Izzy's bath set was left behind. I will send it up as well as a few other items left behind.

Tales from Goshen on August 11, 2009 at 6:45 PM said...

You are such an awesome mom. (I am WAY behind reading your blogs...I have been so immersed in house stuff!)