"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Monday, July 27, 2009

happy birthday éva


Three years ago today, I felt a kind of love that I didn't even know was possible this side of Heaven for the first time. Three years ago today, I held the realization of all of my dreams in my arms and sang her the lullaby I had dreamed of singing her since I was a young girl. Three years ago today, Eva made me a mother.


She has since brought me a kind of joy that I couldn't have ever imagined. She has brought me closer to the Lord. Her life has taught me how precious life is and how joy everlasting can be found in the smallest, most seemingly insignificant places. My life's purpose reverberates with her every smile, her sweet kisses and the sound of her tiny voice saying "amen" at the end of our bed time prayers.


She has truly lived up to her name which means "giver of life." For in her own special way, she has breathed new life into the faith that I claim by giving me a small glimpse of the love our Maker must have for us.


éva my love, you are my every dream come true all rolled up into one ever growing little girl. Every day spent with you is a gift from God and I look forward to many more years full of those blessed days spent watching you grow more and more in love with your Creator.


Happy Birthday my sweet girl.

3 comments on "happy birthday éva"

David Reed on July 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

I can remember holding her when she was so tiny and new...hard to believe she is three already.

emily said...

this brings tears to my eyes. the love of a mother for her child is such an amazing and powerful thing. its unimaginable until you are that mother and your life before that moment becomes somewhat less meaningful and less important. it becomes a life that wasnt as full or as joyful as you had believed it was. thanks for reminding me of this...i have to go snuggle my baby now.

Katie on July 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM said...

Happy birthday Eva! I miss you!