"I have come that they might have life and have it to the full..." -John 10:10b


Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Around the Garden


I know it's a bit late in the game, but I've only now gotten around to re-vamping my garden. It's been weeks since we've had rain here and as silly as it may be, I've been afraid to get my garden hose out of the garage due to my fear that I will most certainly be attacked by monstrously large spiders, so needless to say, my garden hasn't faired well in recent weeks.

But, I think I made up for lost time last week. I just about gutted it. I put in 2 new hydrangea bushes, a bunch more vinca and moved around a few of my day lillies (which were my mystery plant) to give it a more "naturally planned" feel. I re-soiled my tomatoes (which are looking pretty sad, sorry Kim) and talked sweetly to my morning glories (which STILL haven't bloomed). And of course, I convinced my hubby to brave the spiders in the garage to get the garden hose, so it is all well watered!


Next year will go better I think. My hydrangeas should come back, as will my day lillies and whatever that sweet purple flower is that Kim gave me. So I should really only have to re-plant the vinca and anything else I want to try.

Practice makes perfect, right?

3 comments on "Around the Garden"

Erin {House of Turquoise} on July 22, 2009 at 12:14 PM said...

Thanks for the comment on HoT. Your children are absolutely gorgeous...the photographs of them are incredible! What fun you guys must have! :)

sunshinegirl on July 23, 2009 at 6:53 AM said...

Anne, I can't believe you put Michael Card's song on there. He is one of my all time favorites and that is one of my all time favorite songs. You just made my day!!!

Charity on July 24, 2009 at 8:15 AM said...

What a pretty gardenHydrangeas are my favorite!! You can clip a little piece and root it very easily - have a 100 bushes in no time :)